Friday, May 4, 2012

Tornado Twenty Twelve

Wow. What a day. I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Three minutes before the weekend truly starts and the siren goes off. When it started I was really confused, we already had a drill today . . .two in one day? Little drastic for such a beautiful day out. Five minutes before hand we were filming our Comm II movie and it was so sunny out. But, 45 minutes later still at school in a hot cramped hallway.

Work at OCCS was a different story. They are currently replacing the roof about the office and entry way, back by the locker rooms. The guys had about 1/2 hour left of work on it, with only the drain left to finish. Beautiful timing, huh? Flooded hallway, what a mess!! I worked for as long as I could before having to take off and go work at Don's.

Due to me not having my camera and teachers locking us in the school, I sadly did not get pictures of "Tornado 2012" Oh well. Safer I suppose. If the tornado had come even five minutes later there would be over 300 students on the roads, track kids going to Storm Lake, (or was it Spirit Lake? I don't care), soccer practice, and I'd be biking to work. BIKING. God works in wondrous ways. Thanking Him!!

So, tonight, I share with you Facebook photos of the storm. In such a little amount of time it went from being beautifully sunny to a dust cloud black out. Scary!



No comments:

Post a Comment