Sunday, May 6, 2012

Last

If one word were to be used to sum up this beautiful Sunday it would be "last". Today was my last Bel Canto church performance, as well as my last piano recital. Such good times, and now it's over. I still have one more Bel Canto performance, and still get to take summer lessons, but regardless of that, I'm still really sad.

For the piano recital I played a duet with Tina and a solo. Our duet . . .well, it worked. It was a cool duet, and we played it quite well considering the few times we actually practiced it. For my solo I played a Sonatina by Kuhlau. I love sonatinas, but someone (*Tina*) thinks they are boring. WRONG! The only boring part of a sonatina is the name. Everything else is fun. :)
The Beethoven bust I received for playing in the Soo Mar festival for 3 high school years. 

A few hours after the recital we headed to Ireton for the very last Bel Canto church performance. I love singing with those girls. On top of that, not to brag or anything, but we sound amazing. Okay, maybe bragging a little bit. We finished our last song and it just hit me, this is the last time I get to do this. As much as I hate early mornings (which is very much) I'm going to miss coming to school and singing for an hour. We have one more performance at the Spring concert this Friday, so it's not quite over, but really close!
Bel Canto singing in Lebanon CRC

Thank you Ms. LeMahieu! 

On a side note, two more weeks of school for us seniors. Getting closer to summer, and for the first time I'm not sure I'm ready yet. When I say the school year flew by, it really did. Still feels like just a few weeks ago when I walked into School and thought "How am I going to survive a whole year?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment