Wednesday, May 9, 2012

48 Cupcakes Later

Friends, Family, followers of the blog, please listen closely. I am an idiot.

Yes. Really, I just called myself an idiot. You see, they are serious when they say don't grocery shop on an empty stomach. After work I decided to make cupcakes inside ice cream cones. So, I went and bought two different kinds of cupcake batter, frosting, and ice cream cones.

Whoa, back up! Ice cream cones?? Thank you Pinterest!! Yes, I'm aware that the inception cookies from pinterest where a major fail, but these worked. Oh they worked great. If you didn't over fill them . . .or under fill. There's one or two cupcakes that have a rather excessive amount of frosting on them, but you can't tell they're smaller anymore. :)
These are the cupcakes from Pinterest that started all of this

Last "Yearbook Food Thursday" tomorrow, so we are all bringing food. I will be bringing 48 cupcakes. What am I going to do with 48 freaking cupcakes?! Okay, just shy of 48. I had a couple. So did my sisters. So a little closer to 40.

So two hours and 48 cupcakes later, I'm exhausted and never making cupcakes again. Okay, maybe not never, but definitely not anytime soon.

However, while the kitchen is clean, and I found enough containers for them, I have problem. How in the world am I going to transport 48 cupcakes (which translates to two round containers and a paper plate full of cupcakes and ice cream cone cakes) to school tomorrow. This wouldn't be a problem if I was still home schooled, they'd already be there. Then again, probably wouldn't have a yearbook food Thursday to bring cupcakes to . . .or a yearbook for that matter.

But no worries. I have learned my lesson. And don't you ever let me make that many cupcakes in one night ever again.
These aren't the ones I made tonight . . .not going to take pictures of those!



No comments:

Post a Comment