Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Take a Walk

Mr. Folkerts had us take a walk in Psychology today, and it actually felt really good. Just taking a slow walk, for no other reason then just to do nothing. We didn't get our heart rate up, didn't do it for the exercise, didn't learn anything, and it wasn't a nature walk. We simply walked around the block and tried to avoid being hit by cars. He also hinted that later in the year we would get a de-stress period where we would just sit and relax. Well, relax or take a nap depending on how relaxed we can get.

 Of all the teachers at school, Mr. Folkerts is one of my favorite. And I'm not just saying that because I have a total of 5 classes with him . . .no joke. On one of the first days of school Mr. Folkerts said that all teachers will bend backwards to help a student, but he won't bend backwards to help a student who doesn't want to be helped. He is one of the most relaxed, laid back teachers that I have.

Another amazing teacher at Unity is Miss Le Mahiue. From Chicago, this is her first year at Unity. I will never be able to get the image of her jumping up and down in those heels when we do an amazing job on a tough song. She is always ready to praise a student, and her peppy enthusiasm is super contagious. Several times I've felt like jumping up and down myself!

On a side note, today I was asked again how I like Unity. But Mr. Folkerts did promise he wouldn't ask again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment