Monday, August 27, 2012

Living the College Life

 I want to blog to let you all know that I'm alive over here in CA, but of all the amazing things I've done this weekend, I can't come up with a good blog post to save my life. I've written and re-written close to four times now. Fifth time's a charm??

Providence doesn't have class on Mondays, which basically means, three day weekend/do what you put off until now. Here's the gist of what I stayed occupied with this weekend:

  • Sand Volleyball. SeaBeggars natural habitat seems to be the sand volleyball courts. It's awesome.
  • Flying Dutchmen. Basically a wet, wild, fast game of duck, duck, goose. 
  • Played volleyball in the dark. That was, interesting, to say the least.
  • Signs. This could be a Ms. VanDyke game. It's hard to explain, but it's similar to silent football. Basically, lets say for example, you wave your hands. You then have the sign and try to pass it by doing someone else's sign. (standing up) They then receive it by standing up, and then continue to pass it until caught by the person in the middle. You'd think it was easy, but then you'd be wrong.
  • Went to church, and then had lunch at Ruby's. Back at my dorm I started reading/napping. Read a page, to tired to turn the page so I'd close my eyes for ten minutes, finally turn the page, and continue. 
  • Played more volleyball.
  • I did laundry today. But that's boring and now my black shirts are covering in lint. At least I have socks now :P
  • Cleaned my room . . .even though I should have been doing other things. 
  • I started Choir and Piano, the two Monday "classes" that I have. It's been to long since I last got to play a piano. I still haven't actually gotten to play . . .I tried but it was a rather scarring incident. that piano was so out of tune it hurt. 
  • I payed for college. Biggest check I've ever written. Won't be the last one. Bummer, huh?
  • Played more sand volleyball. It was rather warm out there . . .builds character right?
(we really like sand volleyball here)

Okay. That'll work for now. My creative juices were pretty much all used up this weekend. I'm either going to go to bed like a good little college student . . .or read the next Harry Potter. 

1 comment:

  1. I should probably clean my room and stuff, too... :S My side of the closet already smells like moldy feet.

    I'm pretty sure Signs is a Ms. Van Dyke game, now that you mention it...

    ...I miss you.

    ReplyDelete