Friday, August 17, 2012

For Lack of Better Title: Day 1

Alright, Day 1 of the my college adventure. I've been in the great state of Cali since Wednesday morning where I promptly broke my new sunglasses, went to the beach, fell asleep and fried to a crisp. I assure my new classmates that I am not normally this shade of red. Hopefully . . .

Anyways. I'm getting ready to move in soon. I still can't believe that I managed to fit everything I wanted/needed (mostly wanted) for college in two suitcases. Southwest airlines lets you take two suitcases for free. Granted they are under 50 pounds of course. Which, mine where not. Both suitcases were a pound over weight. Thankfully they let it go, which is good because I had no room to take anything out and put it in my carryon.  But honestly, I have a lot of stuff. I'm surprised it wasn't more overweight.

Landed in LAX with no problems, other then being a little sore and cramped for sitting for roughly 4 hours. Nothing was stolen from my bags, which is always a good thing. Although, TSA did search my one bag. You would think that they know how to work a zipper, but according to all my inside pockets, they don't.

Switching into my swimsuit we headed to the beach for a picnic lunch, a swim in the ocean (which tastes terrible, just to let you know) and a nap. According to my sister I was out cold, and even the seagull by my head couldn't wake me up. Other then the beautiful sunburn I have, that was an amazing nap. :)

Thursday was shopping day, where I pretty much doubled my belongings in one afternoon. Now, I just have to relocate it from the trunk of the car to my dorm room. Let's get this adventure started!


2 comments:

  1. ...Dangit, I miss you already. :( Have tons of fun in Cali, 'kay? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! And I don't think I ever got to see you over the summer! But that's because somebody's been working at a ZOO. And no worries, I will have a blast in Cali. Promise.

    ReplyDelete