Monday, March 25, 2013

Reminders

I was reminded of two amazing facts about life this afternoon.

1. God is in control. No, really. Everything. That being said, why worry? Why are we stressed out about school, relationships, and money? Stop worrying! God has you where you are for a reason, He is putting you in those stressful situations for a reason. Maybe He's trying to show you something, shape you, bless you, change you, tell you something. Relax, God knows what He's doing in your life!

Whenever I'm stressed out and asking myself "what on earth am I doing here?" I have to remember to step back and remind myself that this is part of God's plan. I may not understand why I am going through something at a certain time, but there is a reason for it.

However, I'm not saying that I won't ever get stressed out again. I'll forget and be a mess for days before it hits me again "God is in control."


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
 Jeremiah 29:11

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:34

In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind
Job 12:10

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”
Revelation 4:11



2. God answers prayer. Again, this is something I have always known, but have more fully realized in the past year at Providence. Time and time again I am blown away by this realization. Sometimes its in the little things, like a BTS exam or HIS paper, other times its about relationships, health, or church.

I could name several examples about the many times just this semester that I'll pray about something, forget about it, and then remember a week later only to realize that God answered my prayer. Granted, it hasn't always been the answer I wanted, but knowing that God is in control, it must have been the answer I needed.

Go to God in prayer. What a comfort it is to know that you can ask God everything. Bring to God your questions, concerns, thanksgiving and praises. Our God is so good!

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.
Matthew 21:22


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7 



Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Thessalonians 5:16-18













It Is Well With My Soul



No comments:

Post a Comment