Sunday, December 25, 2011

{Insert Snow Here}

Merry Christmas everyone!! Such a beautiful day out. Even though there isn't any snow . . .

Loving that I can sleep in this week, even if it was on the couch. :)

To me, this Christmas was very much about Tradition, both new and old.

The old traditions will stay around for a long time. We always watch "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and "The Muppets Christmas Carol" Two of my favorite Christmas movies, ever. Another great tradition is the Gingerbread boy baking. Gingerbread boys used to be frosted really simply, but now we always make them look like our favorite movie Characters. Mr. Darcy, Phantom of the Opera, and Doctor Who.

New traditions probably won't stick around long . . such as eating soup by the fire, and lawn games. Since the weather was so nice we sat around a campfire and ate "little meatball soup" (that's suppose to be a dutch word, but I'm not going to attempt to spell it!) We got several weird looks from the neighbors, but hey, what's new? If its this nice out again next year, we're gonna have to do it again.




So, first winter in a long time that there wasn't any snow. That's weird. And I'm starting to miss it, I want to go sledding!! There's this snowman I want to make, a couple people I want to throw snowballs at. (you know who you are) Sadly, right now there is nothing to do but wait patiently for it to not be 50 degrees anymore. That and sleep in. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are so cute :) And I know how you feel about spelling Dutch words, I can barely spell English words. ;)

    ReplyDelete