Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful for: Soccer

Today I am thankful for Soccer. 

Mhm, yep. I play soccer now. Midnight soccer to be exact. Tonight I played for two hours, I'm surprised I managed to stay standing upright on the walk back to the dorms. My feet KILL right now. But, it a good way.

Before I came to Providence, soccer was just a stupid sport where people chased a ball up and down the field and nothing really excited happened. (Sorry to you soccer fans if you feel insulted. My views have changed, no worries.) There is something about chasing the ball up and down the field at midnight that builds a stronger community of people. 

Another part of the midnight soccer is the fact that it forces me to run around, which makes me feel not guilty for all the halloween candy I've been eating. Can I help it if a bag of candy corn is only 89 cents?  

Playing soccer on the field has one draw back. My dorm room is covered in grass. The field gets super wet around midnight, huge muddy puddles right in your way. Tonight this huge bubble formed under the grass . . .it was so weird!! It looked like something was about to erupt out of the ground, and at the same time, part of me just wanted to run and jump on it to pop it. There really is no way to avoid getting your shoes covered in grass and mud, however, it is totally worth it in the end.

I feel like this is super short, and it is. But, after playing two hours of soccer I just want to collapse on my bed and fall asleep. Instead of an extra hour of sleep tonight, I got an extra hour of soccer. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade.

Due to the fact that Soccer is still new to me, I have almost no pictures of said sport. This is the only one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment