Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Needed: Peace

I don't know about you, but I cannot wait for Thanksgiving break. A little relaxing and de-stressing would be amazing right now. My plans for break? Day 1: Sleep. Day 2: Sleep. Day 3: See day 1 and 2.  (repeat until Monday after Thanksgiving)

This week is absolutely nuts. Everything is crammed into the final few days before break, with very little room for sleep. There is so much on my mind, my planner is full for this week, I have "sticky notes" with to-do lists all over my computer, and I'm trying to cram everything into the last three days here. And as I sit here typing I realize I have to pack for the week that I won't be on campus. 

I hate packing.

Although, as of two minutes ago, half of my stress just disappeared  That's right, my humanities paper is done and turned in. Now that's out of the way I can fous on my English paper. Oh joy. It is only Tuesday and all ready I am longing for the homework free weekend. After studying for BTS exam, writing the HUM paper, trying to write the English paper, multiple senior photo shoots, library work, visitor weekend, choir, piano, thinking about next semester, and all the other crazy stuff going on my brain is ready to explode.

And then it hit me. Standing in chapel making a mental list of what I would be doing every hour of the day tomorrow, it hit me.

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

It had nothing to do with the actually chapel, but I could feel the stress become less and less. I realize that there is no way on earth I could possibly get through this week without prayer. All these burduns, all this stress, I want to replace it with peace that passes all understanding. Peace from God. 


Shalom






No comments:

Post a Comment