Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy the Dog

So, left my flash drive at school, looks like I can't do homework tonight! oh well, all I had to do was pull photos off of Facebook . . .no big deal. But, I thought I should at least do something productive, so here goes.

Three more days until end of the semester! Two for me, because of the Prairie Grass Film Challenge. You have 48 hours to make a 5-8 minute movie. They email you a Genre, Character, a Prop, and a line of dialogue that must be incorporated into your movie. I have never done something like this before, so I am super excited! In a GREAT group of people, and we have some great ideas. (my favorite one so far is the cinnamon rolls for breakfast . .thanks to ME) While I'm not planning on necessarily winning, it would be great to win that $21.86 prize money. (after it's split 7 ways) that's almost a half tank of gas!

Getting out all day Friday isn't so bad either, won't miss College Comp, that's for sure! As helpful as that class was, you can start singing the Hallelujah chorus right about now. And American politics. One more test and I'm home free! I would be studying . . .but I had this novel idea to type my study guide instead of writing it. which means its on my flash drive. oh well, not like I would have enough motivation to do it anyways.

I know this is probably already pretty long, but one more thing and I'll let you go. I promise.

It's spiritual renewal week at school, which is pretty cool in it's self. But, we have "Happy the Dog ministries" with us, which makes it even cooler. At first, I thought it was a really lame name, what are we, Kindergarteners? But, when you find out the reasoning behind it, it is really cool. Its a rather long story, but to make it really short, basically someone had a really mean dog and named it Happy. Ironic, huh? Anyways, it's like how God looks at us and sees how absolutely horrible and sinful we are, but loves us anyways. Amazing Grace and all that stuff. We are also looking at who God is to different people. Someone described God as "Bewildering {insert ADJECTIVE that I don't remember}" Ms. VD would be proud that I at least knew the word was an ADJ. But, that's beside the point. The fact that God loves us even when we most certainly do not deserve it is absolutely BEWILDERING. What could we possibly have done that God would want to Love us? Save us? Be our Father? Nothing. We can, and have, done NOTHING.

That's pretty mind blowing and spectacular when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment